Instead of going up to Conroe for a Commissioners Court meeting to share your input, everything would be here in our hometown - in The City of The Woodlands.
See how on the Now side Law Enforcement and Road ROW and maintenance is already managed in large part by The Township (green). That's right, the county's responsibility for Law Enforcement and Road Right of Way (ROW) maintenance is already heavily subsidized by The Township. Some have argued "if it ain't broke don't fix it". It is broken - for us to send our tax dollars off to an entity where we have no say in how it is spent - that's broken.
Becoming a city adds simplicity and more importantly gives residents control to keep the trees, limit traffic, manage traffic, receive access fees from utilities to reduce our tax burden, and preserve our quality of life.
Please share these facts with anyone that votes. You're welcome to share images to social media or send in an email to all your friends. Thank you for visiting.
Powered by Laura norton
* Electing leaders that work for us and only us
* Making our own decisions on roads and road expansions
* Local decisions on development changes (re-plats)
* Reduction of bureaucracy by eliminating fragmented government
* Single point focus on drainage and flooding
* Don't allow new or re-developed areas to flood neighbors
* Unified police patrols and community policing
* Formal recognition as a city by post office, feds and state
* Economic development tools (RDZs)
* Permanent freedom from annexation regardless of current legislation or contract